Mark your images as your own.
There are many methods how to make copyright or watermark on images. Most popular way is to create action and apply it to all images at once, but sometime it is hard to make it fit nicely both vertical and horizontal oriented images. You can find such tutorials in internet . I’ll describe the method what I use while preparing photos for blogs or forum. The advantage of this technique is that you can put your copyright text in a better place for each photo. Here is a simple way to use brushes in Photoshop.
1. Open new file
- File -> New -> Canvas 300 x 200px
2. Set Background and Foreground colors on the left tool panel
- Background white/Foreground black
3. Type your copyright or signature test
- Text color is black
- Choose font you like and size to fit the canvas
- For the copyright symbol, hold the Alt key and type 0169 on your keypad. Then release Alt and you will see your ©.
4. Crop the image
5. Turn off Your background layer
- Double click on the background layer, then press OK to release the lock
- Turn off the background layer by clicking on the eye for background layer:
6. Edit ->Define Brush Preset…
7. Name your brush
8. Open the image, create new layer and select your brush
9. Apply brush to the image wherever you want
10. Decrease opacity of your signature
The final image with copyright and signature:
Hope this will be helpful for some of you:-) Please let me know what do you thing, comments and advises are appreciated.