If you believe in self-education (like I do), you don’t need to go to a school or college to become a retoucher, you should only know the right places where to find an information and spend many many hours, days and years for practice. I can help you with right resources where you can learn the High End retouching techniques. Hope it will save your time, energy and money (I wish I had these links couple years ago:-)
Most helpful and friendly community for retouchers is RetouchPro.
RetouchPro hosts a regular live, interactive masterclasses where you watch a guest retoucher’s desktop as they work in real time. You can also ask questions for the guest retoucher. These live events usually cost only $10 and for this money you will get a ton of useful information.
Free video tutorials:
Beauty retouching from Carrie Beene
from Natalia Taffarel
Photoshop spotlight from Calvin Hollywood
Bleach Bypass Look from Calvin Hollywood
The Double RAW Conversion Tutorial from Calvin Hollywood
Sean Armenta | Dodge & Burn Technique:
Sean Armenta | Anatomy of a Beauty Retouch:
Not Free Tutorials:
If it’s not enough there are DVD’s you can buy and learn High End retouching from professionals.
DVD Video Lessons:
- Introductory beauty retouching tutorial course teaching high end techniques & Photoshop tools. by NataliaTaffarel and Vitaly Druchinin
- Intermediate and advanced techniques on how to retouch beauty & hair images. by NataliaTaffarel and Vitaly Druchinin
- Mastering Retouching by Nick Saglimbeni
- Photoshop CS4 Beauty & Portrait Retouching Kit with David Cuerdon
- Rent video tutorials on YouTube from RetouchPro
The best retouchers around the world:
And finally, this is the list of the best successful retouchers with links to before and after portfolios:
- Amy Dresser
- Carrie Beene
- Steve Koshlap
- Toan Thai
- Natalia Taffarel and Vitaly Druchinin
- Calvin Hollywood
- Chris Tarantino
- Nick Saglimbeni
- Tzveta Stamatova
- Stéphanie (Alimage.com)
If you know another useful retouching resources, please share with us, I promise to add links to this post if I find something helpful too.